Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Oogie's Gourmet Popcorn


Who doesn't love popcorn? That is my favorite thing about going to the movies. Popcorn is one of those simple sort of treats or it use to be until Oogie's Gourmet Popcorn came into my life. Now I don't know how I will ever go back to plain old microwave popcorn.

From Oogie's Website:

Here at Oogie's, we are popcorn lovers! It started as a fun experiment in our kitchen and sparked a natural popcorn revolution.
We know the best tasting popcorn starts with the perfect kernel so we know where our corn comes from and who grows it. Our non-GMO corn is a proprietary hybrid - the only place you'll find it is in a bag of Oogie's. Besides being outstanding in their field, our farmers make sure we have the highest quality kernels to meet our rigorous standards.


TESTING Oogie's Gourmet Popcorn:

We received four flavors to taste. The first, Movie Lovers Butter, was better than the greasy version that you pop in the microwave. you could taste the butter but at the same time you could taste the popcorn! The butter is real churned butter which makes all the difference. Now I am going to have to take a huge purse when I go to the movies. Maybe not...my theater has a plastic bucket you can bring back every time. Wonder if they minded if I put my own popcorn in it as well.

The White Cheddar was enough to make me weak in the knees. They use cheese form Wisconsin and I will admit that I had the bag turned up at my mouth so I could get the last little bits out of the bottom. I have no shame! I really liked that the cheese was not overpowering. Sometimes when you buy the other brands of this the cheese is so overpowering and it gets all over your hands. This was the perfect mix.


The Sun-Dried Tomato and Parmesan was different. I would have never thought I would have liked it. In fact I got it by mistake (I was saving t for hubby to try.) It wasn't until I had eaten half the bag that I realized what flavor it was. This was like having a fine Italian cheese. The tomato was subtle but it was the hint of garlic that really brought this together for me.


  Finally was the Spicy Chipotle & Lime. I saved this for my husband and children because I have anything spicy. They loved it! the bag was gone in about 2 minutes. Edgar said that the chipotle was a nice addition to the popcorn and not something he would have thought of. He also said there were some other spices in there but he couldn't figure out what all they were.


PROS of Oogie's Gourmet Popcorn:
  • Gluten Free
  • All Natural
  • Great Tasting
  • Healthy, I could go on and on
CONS of Oogie's Gourmet Popcorn:
  • So good you'll eat the whole bag without thinking but hey since it's healthy.....
SHOP Oogie's Gourmet Popcorn:

You can buy Oogie's Gourmet Popcorn in their online store or search for a retailer near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes