Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Pumpkin Hot Chocolate



 It is beginning to look more and more like fall so I thought I would share my favorite Hot Chocolate recipe. This is a great alternative to the plain old boring hot chocolate. I have some others that I will be sharing with you throughout the fall. We usually serve this the morning of Thanksgiving.






 Ingredients:

4-5 cups whole milk ( whole milk works the best but 2% will work in a pinch.)
12 ounces chocolate, chopped ( if you prefer white this will work as well)
4 teaspoons cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup pure pumpkin puree (I use canned and run it through the blender before adding it just to make it creamier)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon allspice


Directions:

1.) In a heavy saucepan, combine 2 cups of milk, chocolate, and cocoa powder.
2.) Cook over medium heat, whisking occassionally, until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is well combined.
3.) Whisk in the pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, allspice, and ginger. Add the remaining milk, 1 cup at a time, until it is as think or thin as you like it. I like mine super thick!
4.) Top with whipped cream, nutmeg (or cinnamon)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes