Wednesday, September 14, 2011

ShopFanatico



In honor of Hispanic Heritage month which began today and runs thru October 15, I thought I would share with you a fabulous company. The fact that I write for that company has nothing in the world to do with my review of their products but you can read my work by visiting the ShopFanatico Blog. Okay enough shameless plugging of my work! ShopFanatico is a part of a family owned business that was started in 1994. They offer tees, sleepers, and more with a Hispanic flair including the all favorite Mexican Fútbol club: Chivas, PUMAS, Cruz Azul and Club América. In all the years I have been reviewing I have found good products, even great products but the quality of the products I reviewed from ShopFanatico made me proud to have my family wear them.

TESTING ShopFanatico Products:

I received three items to try out and let me tell you they were more than I could have imagined. Being able to really see and feel some of the products makes me so thrilled I not only agreed to write for them but that I was offered the chance.

The first item was a Muertoons Conchita Tee. The one shown is in black and mine is in pink. If you are unfamiliar with Muertoons, it is a wonderful book written and illustrated by Eric Gonzalez (who also designed the shirts.) The book is in English and Spanish and tells the tale of Rosita and Conchita twin sisters a world apart, But to find each other they must rely on the closeness of their heart. You follow Conchita celebrate the life of her dearly departed sister as she sets up a memorial altar for her on the Day of the Dead. Follow Rosita on her journey as she makes her way through the spirit world following the clues from the alter in hopes of seeing her sister again.




Victoria fell in love with this shirt the minute I opened the package. She pulled it out and wore it for two days straight. I managed to get it off her and into the wash amid many tears and screams of "You are so mean Mommy!" At some point it just stinks and needs to be cleaned.  The shirt is 100% cotton with water based printing which means you MUST turn it inside out when you wash it. It washed well(in cold water)  and the stains came out very easily. I did not dry it but not because you can't, the label says Tumble Dry Low, but because I don't put tees into the dryer. I line dry them. My daughter is happily wearing her shirt again while I am plotting when the next washing will happen.



The next item I reviewed was the Made in USA with Mexican Parts baby bodysuit. This one is so super cute and what parent wouldn't be proud to put their baby in this little bodysuit. I really love the stamps and stickers on it. The Fragile, NON-RETURNABLE is simply too cute. However it is the pride of saying "Yes, my baby is a little American and a little Mexican!" that makes this bodysuit worth a million dollars. It is 100% cotton lap shoulder with three snaps at the bottom. it makes dressing easy and the snaps makes potty time easier for mom. it washes very well, again in cold water and turn inside out. I did run this through the dryer on low because I needed it quickly. It came out fine and did not shrink. So just remember to follow the washing instructions and you will have it made.

The third and final item was a great tee design by Carla Fonseca. You will all remember that Carla is the designer of my favorite greeting cards: Viva Greetings! I am so thrilled that she is working with ShopFanatico. The Hola Lucha shirt has become Edgar's favorite shirt. Although him and Daniel had a bit of an argument over who got it. In the end Edgar won because he's the boss and it wouldn't fit Daniel. The shirt like the others is 100% cotton and all water based printing. Edgar said it was very comfortable to wear and fit like a glove. I can tell you it is super comfortable because I have worn it a couple of times while Edgar is out of town working. I can't help it, the shirt smells like him. It is so comfortable though that I am not sure he will get it back when he gets home. It may be chronically in the wash when he is at home.

PROS of ShopFanatico:
  • They have something for everyone; moms, dads, kids, baby, you name it.
  • The designs are unique and simply superb
  • Even if you aren't sure about Hispanic themed items go over and check them out. You may be surprised at what you find.
  • Their sister site MakeAFan allows you to personalize items. the site is in Spanish so if you need help ordering, let me know.
  • If you are looking for Mexican Fútbol club apparel, they have it.
CONS of ShopFanatico:
  • They have Mexican Fútbol club apparel. Now when I say I couldn't find you a shirt, Edgar is going to say I am crazy.
SHOP ShopFanatico

Don't forget to come by and visit the blog to read more about Hispanic/Latino culture among other things. I even wrote a Soccer Cheat Sheet for Women.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes