Saturday, August 13, 2011

Baby Gourmet

A few weeks ago I received sample of Baby Gourmet to review.

From The Baby Gourmet Site:
As busy moms, we are determined not to compromise nutrition for convenience. We grew up with and love wholesome, flavorful food and think our babies deserve the same. Why feed them something we wouldn't eat ourselves? With the lack of tasty choices available on the market, we began to rely on family recipes and started to cook for our babies ourselves. Baby Gourmet was born.We select only the freshest, organic ingredients for all of our recipes. Our philosophy is to provide healthy and delicious choices for parents, while introducing our babies to additive free, natural foods that they love to eat! It is our belief that nurturing a baby's taste buds early in life, leads to lifelong, healthy eating habits as they grow.

The samples were packaged in a great box made of recycled materials, which I love! Included in the box were 3 samples from each of Baby Gourmet's stages: 6 Months, 7 Months, and 8 Months. The flavors included:


TESTING Baby Gourmet
Testing the purees was, as always for me, a bit of an adventure. For those of you who don't know I love these baby food purees because they are perfect for adding fruits and veggies to items that my kids normally won't eat. In fact I have been know to add baby food as sweeteners for everything from cakes to cookies and everything in between. My nephew, who is 7 months old, tested the  Roasted Squash & Fruit Medley as well as a few others. He loved them. I put the Vanilla Banana berry Risotto in actual risotto I made for the kids and they loved it. Baby's Sweet Potato Pie is always a great sweetener for my own Sweet Potato pie and I actually ate the Tropical Banana Bliss one day when I was hungry and didn't want to make anything.



PROS of Baby Gourmet
  • The BPA-Free pouch makes them easy to use and travel friendly
  • Vacuum-sealed for 15 months of freshness on the shelf
CONS of Baby Gourmet
  • Your baby may not like the combos. It's a personal thing
Shop Baby Gourmet

You can order Baby Gourmet online or search for a retailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes