Sunday, August 28, 2011

Cabo Chips



You can only imagine the amount of tortilla chips that are eaten in my home. In fact most of the time I make my own from my mother in-law's recipe. I was thrilled to try Cabo Chips though because I had heard good things about them. Of course i should say that this review was a solo review as my husband's opinion was that any company who would send him a case of chips to review is the best ever. Leave it to a man!



From Cabo chips Website:

 Throughout his childhood, Brady Bunte and his brothers would experiment with chip recipes before discovering just the right mixture of soy sauce and lime juice that made an irresistible chip. Years later while spending his summers fishing and soaking up the rays along the beaches of Cabo San Lucas, Bunte realized that his chips belonged next to coolers on every boat and within arms reach of every hammock. It was a simple idea, it was a good idea, but where to get started?
Since Cabo had been the inspiration, it seemed only fitting to begin there as well. Cabo Foods Inc. opened its first factory directly across from the Corona brewery (you know there's a joke in there somewhere).  The factory became a focal point for the community by creating good jobs and funding charities and schools. A few months after starting in Mexico, Cabo Chips became so successful that the company opened a second factory near the beautiful beaches in sunny Southern California. To this day, Cabo Chips is still owned and operated by the Bunte family.

TESTING Cabo Chips

We receive a box load with a couple of different bag sizes and flavors. I will say that my favorite of the group was the Original.  The hint of lime and soy is so subtle yet so pronounced. There is really no way of describing it other than tho tell you I ate the entire bag without any dip. These chips don't require a topping. the Blue Corn with Sea Salt and Lime are good but to me I prefer the white corn chips. It is an aesthetic thing and nothing more. I did not get to try the Spicy Chipotle with Soy and Lime but my best guess is that since they didn't last for more than 30 minutes in the house someone, not naming any names Edgar!, must have loved them.

Pros of Cabo Chips

  • They contain nothing artifical
  • No Trans fat 
  • You can feel good about giving these to your family
Cons of Cabo Chips
  • They currently have 3 flavors and I would love more because they are so good.
Shop Cabo Chips

You can find Cabo Chips in stores or in their online store

Connect

Connect with Cabo Chips on Facebook and Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes