Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Flip Flop Learning

As you all know I have working on my Spanish. Well I had the chance to work with Flip Flop Learning and I must say my Spanish as improved by leaps and bounds. Flip Flop Learning sent me several items to use and review and I really must say that not only was using them very easy they made learning and perfecting my Spanish much easier.

First was the Key to Learning Anything book. This book helped me discover my learning style using a quick test. I also learned ways to make use of that style. I found the book very helpful not just as a student trying to learn Spanish but as a teacher. I used the quiz for my children to determine their learning styles as well. I felt this will help in the coming school year as I begin to sit down and work out lesson plans. If you have a child struggling in school or are a home schooling parent I suggest you get this book. Once you learn how your child learns preparing lessons accordingly will be easy. The styles are  Visual, Audial, and Tactile or Kinesthetic. I am a little of all the styles but mainly Tactile. I have OCD however, many people labeled with ADD or ADHD use this style as well.



Next was the Bilingual Reader: Bella. I like this because I can read the story out loud in English and then read it out loud in Spanish. Edgar and the kids correct my Spanish and I correct his English. It helps all of us at one time. In the middle of the book is a list of the words in Spanish with English translation. Also it lists the way the word sounds in Spanish so it helps with the pronunciation.



The Flash Cards: Verde Set  has 45 cards with words and phrases that helped me memorize the way the words looked more than anything. I can now look at those words and phrases when written and know immediately what they mean. I don't always know how to pronounce them but I do know the meaning which is very helpful.


Finally the Flip Flop Jot really helped. I hung it on my fridge to keep up with my grocery list and then took it to the store with me. At the top is  is a phrase with three words that can be used in the phrase. For example You can say I have to eat:  Tengo comer or I have to cook; Tengo concinar. I practiced the phrases over and over again while shopping and then used them when I got home. If I mispronounced something my husband corrected it for me.

{PROS} Slip Flop Learning is wonderful. There are so many tools to help you including an app. You can also learn French, German or English as a Second Language in addition to the Spanish.

{CONS} NONE you and your children are learning.

{SHOP} Shop Flip Flop Learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes