Monday, July 11, 2011

Scanalog--My New Best Friend!



I love Scanalog!! It has become my new best friend. First let me tell you a little about it. Scanalog was created out of a need. Kim, the creator, needed a way to save all the magazine articles she wanted without having to clip them, file them, etc. What she created was much more than a magazine article cataloging system.



Scanalog is a very simple to use program that can be customized to fit any need. Yes you can use it to scan in your magazine articles you are saving but you can use it for more than that. Everything is broken down into 11 main categories. Each main category has sub categories. You simply scan in your magazine (it will accept things from your computer as well) and then put it where you want it to go. Add any keywords or tags you wan tit associated with and then whenever you need that article with a couple of clicks you've got it.



My two favorite categories are Career and My Spirit. The Career one I use for work. I scan articles I come across that interest me and things I may want to write about later. I also scan in all of the mountain of paperwork that PR companies send me. All of the information i need is right there at my finger tips and I can shred all that ghastly paperwork. The My Spirit one has all sorts of great features just for you. There is a wonderful journal tool where you can write a daily journal if you wish. I use mine to keep up with important notes, things I want to remember.


I have used my Scanalog for so much more than just my magazine articles, although I do use it for those as well. Kim told me she scans her son's artwork into it so she will have it. You can upload pictures, the possibilities are endless. Don't worry about space there is plenty. Kim had a woman call Tech Support you had Scanalog for a couple of years and never deleted anything. There is even a book cataloging section!


{PROS} This software has saved me so much time and space. I love having everything in one place. It means I don't have to look for things.

{CONS} NONE!

{PURCHASE} Purchase your own Scanalog now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes