Friday, May 20, 2011

A Family Road Trip

This summer I would love to pile the kids in the car and drive up to New York. The reason is I want them to see the Statue of Liberty. Since my children (who are my step children for those who do not know) and my husband are all from Mexico they have never seen her. I saw her years ago when I was around 13.

The Statue of Liberty is an awesome site and I want them to know that many other immigrants have gone through all of the things they went through to be citizens. That others who came before them had just as many challenges and uphill battles. Most importantly I want them to see that our country, despite a few, stands for something. We are what our fore fathers set out for us to be.



Of course a road trip would not be a road trip without snacks, sodas , and the fifty trips to the bathroom for mom. I can't help! the kids can hold their bladders all day I have to stop every thirty miles or so, go figure. While I am not a huge fan of snacks in the car because my OCD won't allow big messes I am okay with Twizzlers because I love them. In fact I am writing this post hoping to win a  Twizzlers Landmark Summer promotion prize pack  as a member of Mom Bloggers Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes