Thursday, May 26, 2011

Mexican Potato Salad

I love potato salad and we make a ton of it in the summer time. This is my Mexican version which i have adjusted to my tastes. I always add more of the spices to another bowl for my hubby. He loves his hot so adjust it however you need to to suit your tastes. I make mine the night before so the flavor have plenty of time to blend.

Ingredients:




  • 3 lbs small red potatoes, quartered





  • 1/2 cup chopped celery





  • 1/2 cup chopped green pepper





  • 1/2 cup chopped onion





  • 1 cup frozen corn, thawed





  • 2/3 cup mayonnaise or 2/3 cup salad dressing whichever you prefer





  • 1/4 teaspoon chili powder





  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin





  • 1 tablespoon cilantro





  • 1/2 cup roasted jalapeno peppers





  •  1 tbsp mustard. ( I add this simply because I grew up with mustard potato and it's look thing with me)





  •  3 boiled eggs, chopped.



  • Directions:


    1.  Cook potatoes in boiling water 10-12 minutes or until fork-tender; drain; rinse with cold water; drain well.
    2. In a large mixing bowl, mix mayonnaise (or salad dressing) and seasonings. Add potatoes, celery, pepper, onion, and corn. Gently mix all together to coat. Chill


    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

     
    Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes