Sunday, June 5, 2011

Artisan Style Bread

 

I love making bread! My Granny taught me how to make bread when I was 15 and I have enjoyed it ever since. It is a great stress reducer because you have to concentrate on what you are doing. one false move and you have horrible bread. I know because I once forgot to add salt. I', not even going to tell you how awful that loaf was. This is my favorite Artisan Style Bread Recipe

 

 

Ingredients

1 cup milk
3 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons salt
4 tablespoons butter
4 cup warm water
1 package dry yeast
5 1/2 cups sifted flour

Directions

  1. In a medium-sized pot bring the milk, sugar, salt and butter just to a boil. Remove from heat and let cool. 
  2. In a large bowl add the yeast to warm water. Stir in the milk mixture.  Add the flour and beat with an electric mixer on medium- high until dough is soft.
  3. Place dough on a floured surface and knead until smooth. Shape into a ball and place in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with a clean cloth and let stand until dough is twice it’s size.
  4. Divide the dough evenly in half. Place each half  into a greased bread pan. Cover and let stand for 1 hour.
  5. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 30 minutes. Use a toothpick to test if it's done. Remove pan and invert loaves on a wire rack. Let cool before slicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes