Monday, June 27, 2011

Mel Dorado Exculsive Interview with Lighting McQueen and Mater


By Mel Dorado
Reporting from Tokyo, Japan


Number 95 Lightning McQueen is still a hotshot racecar, but his rookie days are past him. Now a permanent resident of Radiator Springs, Lightning has become a bona fide worldwide celebrity as winner of four Piston Cups.

After his latest win, Lightning’s off-season is unexpectedly cut short when his best friend Mater, a rusty tow truck, inadvertently prompts Lightning to enter the World Grand Prix by calling into my show, “The Mel Dorado Show.” Lightning invites Mater to come along to the races as a member of his pit crew, and Mater leaves Carburetor County for the first time.


So Lightning McQueen, how do you feel about your friend Mater here getting you involved in the World Grand Prix?

Lightning McQueen:  I couldn’t be more excited.  I mean, come on: I get to race against the greatest champions in the world with my best buddy at my side.

(Lightning looks around puzzled.) Was right here at my side.  Mater?

(Mater arrives, licking his lips.)

Mater:  Mmm-mmm.  Free food just tastes better, I’ll tell you what.

Mater, I understand you’re part of the Team Lightning McQueen pit crew for these races?

Mater:  Yeah, Guido and Luigi are doing his tires, Fillmore’s on the fuel, Sarge is keeping an eye on some other stuff.  And I… shoot, what is my job anyway? 

Lightning:  Uh, well ---

Mater: It’s so important he can’t say it publicly.

Lightning, there are some worthy competitors, like Francesco Bernoulli and Lewis Hamilton. How do you feel about your chances?

Lightning:  I leave the handicapping up to you guys, Mel.  I just go out there, race hard, leave everyone in the dust. Hopefully.

But these tracks are really different than the Piston Cup ovals.

Lightning:  I see where you’re going with this, Mel.  Listen, if I can “turn right to go left” I can definitely turn right to go right. Right?    

Mater, this is your first time overseas. What have you seen and experienced since your arrival in Tokyo?

Mater:  I thought Radiator Springs had a lot of neon but dadgum this place has us beat, I’ll tell you what!  Plus everyone here treats me like a king – bowing and stuff when I enter a room.  And sumo wrestling?  Where’s that been hiding my whole life?  I saw a Kabuki show, which I didn’t fall asleep in, and then tonight I ate some bad pistachio ice cream, met a Pacer and a Gremlin in the craziest bathroom you ever seen and then got asked on a date by the most beautiful car in the whole world!  Just an average Tuesday for Mater.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes