Friday, June 17, 2011

Glee Gum Review



As most of you know I am big into organic products now. I am also a big fan of baking and cooking from scratch. One thing I have never done before is make real chocolate. By real chocolate, I mean from the bean sort of chocolate. So when Glee Gum agreed to work with me I knew I wanted to try a chocolate making kit. I am not against gum in any way, just trying to save our teeth as much as possible.


I got the kit and immediately realized this would an excellent opportunity for my children to learn about chocolate. Because they lived in Mexico they already know all about the Aztecs and chocolate. What I did was make a refresher history lesson  while we made chocolate. Using the kit was very easy. We used the microwave so they kids could participate more, and I didn't have a round microwave safe glass bowl so I used a square Pyrex brownie dish, it worked fine.  Following each step we made our chocolate. It didn't take long and I asked the kids questions as we went.


I also loved that it came with two real cacao beans for the kids to taste. I tasted them as well and all I have to say is I like the end product much better.  Straight from the tree was little more bitter than I like my chocolate. However my children can now say they know what cacao beans look and taste like. It's something to share with their friends, which they love doing. the chocolate candy we made in the end tasted great, although a taste was all I got.



Glee Gum is an excellent company!  In addition to the make your own candy kits (with choices of  a gum and gummy kit as well and the chocolate) They also have little chiclet type gum available. If I was going to allow my children to chew gum, then this would be it. I received a couple of little sample boxes and I must say I enjoyed them. With no artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, preservatives, not even aspartame, this is the gum of choice in my opinion.

{PROS} Kit was super easy, all natural products, great eco-friendly company.

{CONS} You may have to buy several kits because your kids are going to love these.

{SHOP} Shop Glee Gum or Locate A Store Near you that carries Glee Gum products.

{SOCIAL MEDIA} connect with Glee Gum on Facebook and Twitter



No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes